1. Process is one of our favorite words! Review your current process and look for areas to increase efficiency. Establish a primary point of contact for all things Medicaid and set district expectations that are understood and consistent to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
2. Are your providers up to date? Managing your providers and confirming that everyone is accounted for, has their caseload current, and is trained to log their direct services and evaluations is vital. Offering a provider refresher to review your program is an excellent professional development day opportunity. With remote learning, hybrid models, and traditional school schedules, it is important to be on the same page and allow your staff to have their questions answered.
3. Are your providers up to date? Managing your providers and confirming Which brings us to teletherapy… is your district participating in telehealth? Are you current with what services are billable versus non-billable, what platforms can be utilized for services to be submitted, and any differentiators between one provider type to the next?
4. Tracking annual revenue, analyzing reimbursement based on related service type, or even school provides invaluable data and helps with decision making from both a budget and staffing standpoint. CompuClaim clients have the ability to utilize the Flex Analytics tool that not only displays these key performance indicators and more but is also essential to IEP compliance.
5. Parental consent is also key! How are you tracking consents? Collecting outstanding consent is crucial in increasing your overall reimbursement. Need proven ways to collect that missing consent? Let us know; we are happy to help!
Please contact Tiffany Guinan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-408-2079